This online training will guide you through machine types and their differences, as well as universal needles and how understanding sizing and configuration can allow you to treat even the most challenging skin types. We will showcase 3 different techniques for machine brow shading, needle choices, pigment types and machine handling tips.
This is an incredible, limited time offer for our beta webinar version of this course!
Machines, Needles & More online training is presented by Halcyon Cosmetics very own Permanent Cosmetic Professionals & certified trainer, Stephanie Wilson, CPCP CTAE & moderated by Kelly Hallam, RTNM CPCP
Gain knowledge of key fundamentals and techniques for machine permanent makeup and the confidence to choose the right needles for skin type and better colour retention.
This course covers:
• Types of machines available for PMU
• Needle types, sizes, tapers, textured & understanding packaging
• Current machine shading techniques - Whip/nano, Pointillism & Traditional
• Machine handling - Speed, Angle & Depth for different techniques
• The skin & healing - How your needle choice and technique affect healing
• Basic colour & pigment composition theory
• Difference between organic & inorganic pigments / When to use
and much more.....
Originally recorded as a live webinar and has been edited into 6 easy to follow video lessons with bonus downloads and video demonstrations.
All participants will be given access to Halcyon Cosmetic Student Facebook group with on-going support and access to videos of the shading techniques.
*After purchase you will receive an email with log in information to access the class. Please check for this email in junk mail.
If you want to dive deeper into machine brow shading read more about our 2 Day Microblading to Machine conversion class hands-on training.
This course covers:
- Types of machines available in the market today (Not any particular brand).
- Which type of machines are suitable for PMU and why?
2. NEEDLES: Understanding needles. When you would use certain needle groups and sizes. What needles are best for each specific shading techniques.
- Diameters & groupings
- Understanding packaging
- Best needle choice for technique
3. BROW SHADING PATTERNS
- Ombre patterns
- Different ways to achieve an Ombre pattern in shading
4. SHADING TECHNIQUES: We overview all 3 common techniques used for brow shading
5. MACHINE HANDLING for each technique.
- Speed *Exact speed setting will vary as every power supply will differ.
6. SKIN ANATOMY
- Understanding the basic physiology
- The difference with aging skin, oily and best techniques for skin type.
7. CORRECT DEPTH FOR PIGMENT
- How this affects your outcomes
- Best depth for each technique
8. BASIC COLOUR THEORY
- How colour heals in the skin (Microblading v Shading)
9. PIGMENT COMPOSITION
- Organics v Inorganics; differences
- Titanium Dioxide
Stephanie Wilson, CPCP CTAE
Stephanie began her career in Australia as a beauty therapist (esthetician) and took her first training in permanent makeup in 1999.After moving to Canada, she spent time working as an instructor at Micropigmentation centre, Canada before joining Kelly Hallam in Halcyon Cosmetic Solutions Ltd.
She is a Certified Permanent Cosmetics Professional (CPCP), a certified trainer and is one of only 3 SPCP Trainer members in Canada.
Stephanie is skilled in many techniques for permanent makeup and microblading and continues to work in Halcyon Cosmetics busy clinic offering procedures for eyebrows, eyeliner, lip colour & paramedical tattooing. She has been fortunate to work and train in a variety of locations and is committed to her own education.
Kelly Hallam, RTNM CPCP
Kelly has been a lifelong artist and has 21 years’ experience in healthcare as a Registered Technologist in Nuclear Medicine. She also holds certification and has over a decade of experience in cosmetic/medical laser technologies, including tattoo removal and fractional laser.
Kelly left the medical field and founded Halcyon in 2014 and is CPCP certified and has become an SPCP distributor member.
She is passionate about natural enhancement in permanent makeup and bringing quality education to Canadian permanent makeup artists. She enjoys sharing information and technical knowledge with other artists.
An amazing Course/content for beginners with no experience whatsoever in PMU. But get me wrong… This Course will sharpen and add so more knowledge to already stablished fellow Artist looking to gain more knowledge on Pigment selection and why? Why or which Machine? What gives or understand what it’s going to give you the desire outcome you are looking for ever single time. You will have a better understanding in Mature Skin, Oily, Thin, Sensitive, Dry and how it affect our work and by knowing this we can correctly choose our Technique and Pigments. You’re going to love this Course and Clients are going to thank you! The more knowledge the better (Pigment, Machines, Color Theory, Cartridges, Configurations, Skin Types and much more! Bravo Halcyon Cosmetic Profesional!!!
Informative, easy to follow Webinar and pdf. Thank you. I learnt a lot.
The Machines, Needles and More course was very thorough and covered a ton of super valuable information! Both Kelly and Stephanie have a very straight forward approach to PMU that simply works. I would reccomend this course for beginners as well as more seasoned artists looking to brush up on some important knowledge and tips. Thoroughly enjoyed the course and can't wait to take my next course with Halcyon Academy.
This is a must for any artist wanting to up there knowledge and to understand your needles, depth, skin etc or even for artists just wanting to refresh their memory after a few months off!
I was very excited to learn more about needles as a newbie in the field. I was more then impressed by the clear and straightforward explanation. I appreciate you ladies! Great material.